Using Diarly on multiple devices
Diarly integrates with iCloud's Private User Database to sync your journal entries across multiple devices securely.
Note: iCloud Sync is only available to Diarly Premium users.
Understanding iCloud's private user database
iCloud's Private User Database ensures that your data is accessible only by you. Even we, as the developers, do not have access to this data. This robust privacy design is central to our commitment to user security.
Setting up sync
To enable syncing across multiple devices, follow these steps:
- Use the Same Apple ID: Ensure that all devices are logged in with the same Apple ID.
- Enable iCloud Drive: Activate iCloud Drive on each device.
- Allow Diarly Access: Permit Diarly to access your iCloud Drive.
Once these conditions are met, the app will automatically detect and sync any changes. For instance, if you edit an entry on one device, it will instantly update on the others.
Troubleshooting sync issues
If you encounter problems with syncing:
- Review our guide on syncing issues.
- If the issue persists, contact us for further assistance.
Remember, the seamless sync feature ensures that your journal is always up-to-date, no matter which device you're using.