How to archive your entries and journals
Diarly offers a straightforward way to declutter your workspace while keeping your entries and journals within reach. Archiving moves items out of your main view but keeps them accessible for future reference.
How to archive an entry
There are two simple methods to archive an entry in Diarly:
From the timeline view
- On your Mac, right-click the entry in the timeline view and select 'Archive'.
- On iOS, swipe right on the entry and choose the archive option.
From the entry view
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of the entry and select 'Archive'.
How to archive a journal
To keep your journal list tidy, you can archive entire journals:
- Navigate to Settings > Journals.
- Select the journal you want to archive.
- In the Journal Settings, find and click 'Archive'.
📝 Remember: Archiving a journal also archives all the entries within it.
To revisit archived journals, scroll to the bottom of your Journal list. They can be unarchived by accessing the Journal Settings again and selecting 'Unarchive'.
Accessing archived entries
If you need to find an archived entry:
- Go to the search bar at the top of the timeline view.
@archivedand press enter.
This command filters and displays all your archived entries. To unarchive an entry, open it, click the three dots in the top right corner, and select 'Unarchive'.
Archiving is an effective way to manage your Diarly workspace, keeping it clean and organized.