The main interface of the app is divided into the menu bar, the toolbar, the list view, and the editor, as shown below.
Like most other apps, the menu bar is where you'll find most options and settings. Most notably, under
Diarly > Preferences… (
⌘,) you will find the App Settings.
Here you'll find a few handy tools for your journaling needs.
On the left side:
- The show sidebar icon will show and hide the sidebar. When the sidebar is hidden, you will enter typewriter mode.
- The map icon will open the Map View.
- the gallery icon will open the Gallery View.
- The calendar icon will open the Calendar View.
In the center area:
- You will find the date of the currently opened entry.
- The left and right icons will go to the previous and next day's entries, respectively. If the entry doesn't exist, it will be created automatically.
On the right side:
- The information will show information about the entry currently open.
- Last but not least, the three dots will show more options to edit the current entry.
Learn more about this in the list view guide.