The sidebar is where you can find all your entries, notes, and different views for your journal.
The sidebar is divided into 3 parts:
- The global view at the top, where you can search, switch journals, and filter.
- The journal view in the middle, which changes depending on which view you have selected.
- The tab switcher at the bottom, which changes the view.
At the top, the search allows you to search through all your entries and notes across all journals. It supports tags and special keywords. You can find out more about the advanced search options.
Next to it, you can select which journal you want to open.
📚 Multiple journals are only available to Diarly Premium users. With the free version of Diarly, you can access one journal, with unlimited entries.
On the right, you will find the filter which can be used to filter the current journal and find relevant entries and notes easily.
- Starred — shows entries and notes with a emoji badge.
- Containing Photos — shows entries and notes with attached photos.
- On This Day — shows entries and notes written on the same day of the year as today.
- With Uncompleted Tasks — shows entries and notes that have uncompleted tasks.
The filter also shows all your tags, so you can find related content.
Click or tap on the different icons on the tab switcher to change to a different view.
Continue to the next article, which explains everything about the Timeline, or skip ahead to the Calendar view, the Map view, the Gallery view, or the Settings.