Creating new entries
Each time you open Diarly, a new entry for the day is automatically created. This feature allows you to dive right into writing without any extra steps. If you've enabled automatic prompts, they'll be included in your new entry, offering a unique starting point for your writing.
Creating entries for different days
Using the Calendar View
You can also create entries for any date, whether it's in the past or the future:
- Open Diarly's calendar view.
- Select the date for which you want to create an entry.
- Diarly will open an existing entry for that date, or create a new one if none exists.
Navigating between days
In an open entry, you can easily switch between days:
- On iOS: Swipe left or right to move to the previous or next day.
- On Mac & iPad: Click the left and right arrows in the top toolbar.
Using the 'New Note' button
The New Note button is another handy feature for adding entries:
- It's perfect for starting a new note or daily entry.
- In the timeline view, if there's already an entry for the day, the New Note button will add a timed section to it.
- If automatic prompts are not enabled, you can use this button to insert a prompt manually.
To create a new entry with the New Note button:
- Tap or click the plus icon located at the bottom right of the timeline view.
With these easy-to-use features, Diarly makes it simple to keep your journaling organized and enjoyable.